Tuesday, April 26, 2011

 


So, apparently my favorite artist and the inspiration for my sleeve, Patrick Woodroffe, was a consulting artist creating creatures and whatnot for Neverending Story II... starring Jonathan Brandis (RIP). My one time crush, among the many, Brandis plays young Bastian, revisted, who returns to Fantasia in order to, this time, battle the Emptiness I believe. According to the site:

Patrick worked for approximately six months in Munich, which suited him very well, especially as this gave him the chance to do some models and sculptures in collaboration with a nice friendly team. Not only has his work been included in several exhibitions - "Chemins de Traverse" (Yverdon), "NIFFF" (Neuchâtel) and "Vide-Poches" (Marsens) - but he has also given several talks to French students. Patrick also did some work for a proposed TV version of this story.

A little bit about our friend Woodroffe from his website:
Born in Halifax, Yorkshire, U.K. 1940. World War II was already giving my parents nightmares, reality just as stressful, but I was too young to be aware of it, my dreams already in bright colours. My mother tongue is English, but there are web-site texts in French and German because I had a language degree at Leeds University in 1964. I was taught neither painting nor writing, and although I worked as a schoolmaster for eight years, my paintbrush and my typewriter already active, I became a professional creator of Text & Images in 1972. I have had about 17 projects of my own, 11 of them already realised. I have lived in CORNWALL since 1964.
Courtesy of Patrick Woodroffe's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment